UPDATE: Sunday, October 27, from 12:00 to 5:00 pm, we will be back to work.
- The bridge
- The back half of the loop REALLY needs to be widened by someone with a chainsaw and someone else following to toss debris. There is barely enough room for one person.
UPDATE: Sunday, October 20, from 12:00 to 5:00 pm, we are putting the finishing touches on our cross country course in preparation for our big fundraiser November 3.
Check out the different teams or projects we are working on and give our race director a call if you are interested in helping.
1. BRIDGE BUILDING:
· To Do: We have three small stream crossings on the course. One needs a better bridge, so the plan is to cut down two trees approximately one foot diameter and 15 feet long to put over the stream, then screw in boards to span the poles. Picture two telephone poles across the stream with 2x4” making a solid path.
· Please Bring: Wood to cover the bridge - 2x4’s, 2x6’s, 2x8’s, 4 feet long or more if you have some around. . . and bring some muscle, like your high school kids! Chainsaws needed as well.
2. TRAIL WIDENING TEAM:
· To Do: We need to widen the trail for passing. The plan is to have two teams start on opposite ends of our one mile trail cutting small branches and brush.
· Please Bring: Your favorite pruners, hand saws, loppers---you name it, we need it. Gloves might help your hands from bleeding! (We do not plan to work you nearly that hard.)
3. SURFACE SAFETY CREW:
4. CHAIN SAW GANG
5. WOOD CHIP BRIGADE
6. STEPS ON THE STEEP HILL OR BUST
7. RAKING THE TRAIL TEAM